I have Chronic Kidney Disease. More specifically, a condition called glomerulosclerosis. This incredibly long word (brilliant for Scrabble!) simply means that parts of the inside of my kidneys (the glomeruli) are scarred (sclerosed), and therefore, don’t work.
I’ve had a kidney transplant from a deceased donor since October 8th 2016, but prior to this, I spent time on peritoneal dialysis (PD).
So how did I get to this point?
I had initially written this story as one post, but it just got longer and longer until it was absolutely ridiculous, so I’ve resorted to splitting it up into chapters!
- Chapter I: When it isn’t the flu.
- Chapter II: Waiting when you don’t know what you’re waiting for.
- Chapter III: Moving on, and getting there.
- Chapter IV: Here we go again.
- Chapter V: A paper tiger?
- Chapter VI: Life in a box fort.
- Chapter VII: 18 missed calls, and a tram.
- Chapter VIII: Billy the Kid.
- Chapter IX: Nothing that ends in a gift ends in nothing.
- Chapter X: Normality?